Assemblymember Alvarez is proud to offer internships for students in high school or college, and adults aspiring for a career in public service. The internship program offers opportunities to work in government, which includes researching public policy, assisting constituents with state issues, event hosting and other day-to-day activities in representing constituents of the 80th Assembly District. Internships are available in the District Office located in Chula Vista and in the Capitol Office located in Sacramento.
Previous Intern Experiences:
- Minimum 10 hours per week, maximum 35 hours per week.
- Office is open 9AM - 5PM every weekday, weekend events may occur.
- Interest in public service or local government
- Transportation to and from internship location
- District Office: 276 Church Avenue, Suite D, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Capitol Office: 1021 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Apply:
Interns are accepted on a rolling basis. To be considered for the internship program, submit a resume and a response to the prompt
"What do you hope to learn from this internship and how will it advance your personal and career goals?"
to Chris.Jonsmyr@asm.ca.gov and you will be notified once a position is made available.